The UNH team explained their methodology as a three step process as described below.
Identifying needs will occur through surveys, focus groups and a large "town meeting" which can accommodate up to 200 people. Information will be gathered from the surveys which provide a "wide angle view" of opinions. The focus groups of 6-8 people will fill in the blanks and then the large town meeting will complete the loop.
Most important is that we have a good turnout for each of the sessions as the larger cross section of the population that comes out the better the end product.
Although still preliminary, we do have some dates to keep in mind for the planned focus groups and the large "town meeting" .
Not yet finalized, the focus groups are planned so far for all day on Monday October 20th and the town meeting on October 22nd 5:30pm to 7pm, location to be determined although it will probably be at the academy cafeteria or the Lions Club.
We expect that the draft survey tool will be ready for the town teams approval by September 23rd when the team meets again at 2pm. The survey outline follows below.
Proposed Needs Assessment Survey Domains
1. Study Participant Demographics (e.g. Age, Gender, Residency, Children Living at Home, Frequency of Recreation Participation)
2. Recreation Programs and Facilities Needs (e.g. Meets My Needs; Available But Inadequate for My Needs; Important But Unavailable; Not Interested; No Opinion)
3. Importance of Recreation Amenities (e.g. Very Important….Very Unimportant)
4. Satisfaction with Recreation Specific Amenities (e.g. Very Satisfied….Very Unsatisfied)
5. Prioritization of Recreation Amenities (i.e. “Imagine that you have $100 to give to the Moultonborough Parks and Recreation Department. Where would you designate it to go?”)
6. Communication / Awareness of Parks and Recreation Programs and Services (e.g. awareness levels, preferred communication methods)
7. Overall Satisfaction with Parks and Recreation Department
8. Appropriate Funding Mix and Service Delivery Models for Parks and Recreation Programs and Facilities (e.g. most appropriate methods to pay for parks and recreation programs and facilities, importance of partnerships with other entities)
9. Willingness to Pay (e.g. for maintenance of existing programs and facilities, for development of new programs and facilities)
10.Level of Interest in Proposed Indoor Recreation Facility (e.g. to what degree should development be a priority for the Town of Moultonborough?)