Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Message from Chris Shipp

While I read this blog frequently, it is very rarely that I post, but something happened in my life recently, that I feel I need to share.  As many of you know, my dad passed away on the 13th of February after an 18-month battle with Pancreatic Cancer.  He was 72.  My dad was a huge part of my family’s life and the loss of him has been devastating to all of us, especially my children.  Until this point in my life, the loss of my father is the most difficult challenge I have ever had to face.  When I got home this past Monday, after an emotionally grueling weekend of calling hours and memorial services, my driveway was plowed, and my mailbox was stuffed with letters of condolence.  Many of the cards were from close friends, which I understood.  Numerous cards however, were a surprise to me.  Many of the cards were from people who know me only through my role as Selectman.  Several were from people who frequently share an opinion that is “politically” different than mine.  I have to say that those meant the most.  I could never articulate, how much it meant to me, that people who may disagree with my political choices, cared about me and my family enough to share their thoughts of sympathy.  It made me keenly aware that although we may all have different opinions about certain issues, we are all doing what we think is best for our town.  I love Moultonborough, and the people in it; all the people.  On behalf of my entire family, I would like to thank the entire community for the love and support we have received over the last 18 months, especially the last two weeks.  Your kindness is deeply appreciated and will never be forgotten.  
Most sincerely, respectfully, and humbly.  Chris Shipp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most sorry for your loss. After the loss of my parents, I know those opening words never seem to mean enough. Politics are a truly personal opinion. Another bad one coming, we appreciate your service to the town. The most important thing is you took time from your life to help the people of Moultonborough. Everyone fully understands aside from opinion we are all in this together. Thank you again.