Citizen input was mostly about a discrepancy in the TA's contract extension brought to the BoS attention by Eric Taussig. The extension ( a copy of which he obtained from the Town recently) indicates that the contract was extended in January 2013 and signed by all the BoS including Chris Shipp who was not elected until March 2013. The extension was drawn up by the TA and the original date of March was handwritten but crossed out to read January. This was a clerical error and the date should have read 2014, not 2013. That is consistent with the February 20th 2014 BoS minutes that indicate the contract was extended for another year. Mistakes happen. We are human ( at least most of us) afterall.
- Board’s Recommendation & Report Re: Village Vision Report- The vote was to recommend Article 8 to endorse the VVC report ( the article will be amended on the floor to reflect the correct date.) Yes: 4 No: 1 ( Russ)
- FY 2015 BoS Goals/Calendar- Tabled until the new board convenes
- Board’s Response to LRPC’s Dues Structure- response to the LRPC and request that they come before the BoS to discuss the fee structure
- Proposed Submission of Roadway Projects to LRPC Re: TIP Plan- a list of 7 projects will be submitted for consideration by the LRPC Executive Board for submittal to NH DOT for their 10 year plan. The LRPC has 30 member communities and each will have it's own list of priorities and then the other planning commissions around the state will also submit their requests. The odds are not in our favor. We did remove a project to narrow the Rt 25 lanes in the village as the VVC was split on this issue and the BoS did not support it as well.
- Town Engineers Task Order Re: States Landing FY 2015- planning and permitting will be done if the money is approved at Town Meeting and another citizen work party will occur the end of May 2015.
- Establishment of Town Engineer Screening Committee- the current contract with KV Partner's will expire the end of June 2015 and we decided a few months ago to form a committee to seek proposals as a due diligence process. After some discussion, a committee will be formed and Russ Wakefield will be the BoS liaison to the committee. It will be a two part process with the qualifications piece first, then after a firm is chosen, fees will be negotiated. This in accord with newly proposed NH DOT rules.