Not many highlights, just a 30 minute meeting.
- A task order was approved , pursuant to Article 13 at 2015 Town Meeting for $15,000 for a conceptual design for reconstructing/rehabilitation of the Playground Drive softball field.
- Next years Lee's Mill Steamboat Association meet will be held from September 6th through September 19th.
- 2016 Elections- As it is a national election year, we need to purchase additional voting booths to meet the legal requirements. I made the suggestion to look into using the MA gym for the Presidential election due to the large expected turnout. Russ also thought that the primary in February might also have a very large turnout. TA Walter Johnson will investigate with the School District.
- We received the bill for next year from the Lakes Region Planning Commission. The total is $10,331. I explained the formula used, which is taking the average of each town's percent of the total population of all 30 member towns and cities and the percent of total assessed value of all member towns and cities. Our share of the population is 3.6% and 13.14% of the total assessed property value. The average of the two is 8.362%. So, 8.362% of the total member fees budgeted ( $123,550) is $10,331.
- The Convention of Committees is set for next Thursday at 6pm ( 5:30-6pm food and beverages) at the MA cafeteria.