Sunday, December 27, 2015

Tragic Fire

Many of you may have heard of the fire last evening at a residence on Whittier Highway. I was one of those that was forced to detour up Red Hill through Sandwich to get home from work.
 Fortunately, the human occupants were able to get out without loss of life, but that was not the case for some dogs and birds who could not be rescued. I have not heard where Terrence Jatko and Shirley Dale have relocated nor the fate of the pets that were able to be rescued.
I can't imagine the horror of losing just about everything so quickly. I am sure many members of our community would like to help our neighbors and to that end, I will find out how we can best do that and post it here and bring it up at the next BoS meeting.





3 comments:

Joseph Cormier said...

Union Leader article.

http://www.unionleader.com/2-dogs,-5-birds-killed-in-two-alarm-Moultonborough-fire

Would like to help said...


how can we help the Jatko's? Does anyone know if a fund has been set up, if so where?

Moultonboro Blogger said...

would like to help: Working on it and may have something set up tomorrow where donations can be made. I'll post it when it is set up.