My very old subscription to CNHT sends posts from it directly to my spam folder. I haven't read them in years. Three people in total sent me the email to be sure I saw it. I then found it in my spam folder.
Let me highlight some of the idiocy directly from the CNHT hit ad attack piece using my brand new TRUE or CRAP meter ( patent pending.)
- He is also an appointee to the Lakes Region Planning Commission (LRPC) which operates mostly outside of public view.- Public meetings are not outside the public view. All LRPC meetings are open meetings subject to the right to know law. Other of course than the meetings that the RPC leaders hold in their lead lined offices. I declare this statement to be CRAP.
- We called the readers’ attention to the fact that the Selectmen in Moultonboro have accepted the state’s program and the master plan, created in accordance with the “Granite State Future” (GSF) program, the state ”master plan” for NH, in mind.. There is no "state" program and the Moultonboro Selectmen have acknowledged the LRPC statute required 5 year regional plan. Along with the Planning Board, it is merely a resource. I suggest that the CNHT actually read it. The meter says CRAP.
- All goals are based on the “Sustainable Communities Initiative” of the federal government. Actually reading the LRPC Lakes Region Plan will make it abundantly clear that there is wide variety of conspiracy theory catch phrases within. If you use any of those words you are probably part of this huge conspiracy. On this one, the meter almost went off the scale: CRAP
- We noticed that instead of countering information presented at the Granite State Future(s) website (GSF(s)), he immediately resorted to name-calling by referring to the Granite State Future(s) website and blog as being “phony, sophomoric and paranoiac”..Got me there. Absolutely true. The phony website is sophomoric and paranoiac. It contains so much that is just plain wrong and based soley upon irrational thinking and flat out paranoia. Facts won't ever matter to those that subscribe to such extremism.The meter says TRUE( proudly).
- We assure you, there is no talk of “bigfoot” or any other such subjects. The “bigfoot” comment was Punturieri’s Alinsky-esque tactic to discredit and invalidate the site in the eyes of the uninitiated. First off I'm not really familiar with Alinsky. The site should be discredited along the same lines as people that believe in big foot or aliens or deny that climate change is real. They are so wrapped up in conspiracy mode that they missed the analogy. Still waiting for that email when bigfoot crosses your front yard. Yet more CRAP
- Punturieri continued making statements that we are quite used to hearing in defense of RPCs and their “master plans”. It’s as if he’s reading from a script. Thank goodness the Federal Government sent me the script when I was elected to office! How did they find out about it? Great, now they probably also know about our secret handshake. Supreme CRAP.
- And yes, we are aware that “zoning ordinance changes are voted on the second Tuesday in March at the ballot box and by absentee ballot.” But is Punturieri aware that some towns have recently actually proposed to END THAT PRACTICE, putting zoning decisions in the hands of the town officials alone? Not in Moultonboro who I represent and not in any of the LRPC member towns. I'm sure big brother or the head conspirator or whatever you call the voice you hear in your heads will tell you otherwise, but the meter say you are full of CRAP.
- Some would ask, if the ideas contained in the master plans are advisory, why do town boards try so hard to impose them even when residents disapprove? Further, why would voters accept ideas that never came from the townspeople themselves? They are advisory, many public meetings were held and the plans were based upon that public input. The idea that any of our town boards are pushing anything on the town is absurd. These are very fine and decent volunteers that give a lot of their time to benefit the town. Shame on you for continuing to denigrate them and perpetrate that CRAP.
- There was also no single person responsible for the demise of the $6.5 million dollar gym/community center that was soundly defeated by secret ballot at the 2016 Moultonborough Town Meeting. According to some residents we interviewed, we were advised Punturieri and 3 of the other Selectmen refused to listen to or acknowledge that the majority of residents did not want, or feel the need for the 6.5 million dollar facility. Actually there was more than one. plus denying people the right to debate and be informed. As to not listening to the majority of residents, two different majorities told us to pursue this project. CRAP
I won't bother with the rest and the true lack of any real facts in this hit piece. Any guesses who the people interviewed by CNHT were? Sure you do. At the end of the day, I relish a good fight. I will continue to fight for Moultonboro taxpayers. I will continue to defend myself as well. I have changed positions on a few things because common sense and accurate information trump ( no pun intended) hyperbole, hysteria, buying to conspiracy theories and flat out lies. I prefer keeping an open mind and not needing to wear a tinfoil hat.