The proposed construction sequence is as follows:
1. Stormwater management to protect the lake
2. Complete dredging for the beach and boat launch areas
3. Restore and extend the beach
4. Parking lot construction with overflow parking and a boat trailer maneuvering lane
5. Construction of a boat launch and finger dock
6. Complete park features
7. Comfort station
This is long term project and at present there is funding remaining from last years $50,000 allocation for design and permitting. In addition, a capital reserve fund was established at this years town meeting with a $125,000 deposit.
According to Ray Korber, the next step is the DES permitting.
The Planning Board unanimously approved a motion to encourage the Board of Selectmen to schedule a public hearing on the conceptual design.