The Carroll County Farm Advisory Committee (FAC) will make a presentation July 20 at 1pm at the Carroll County Delegation room 95 Water Village Road in Ossipee , at the county complex.
The Commissioner's ( Babson, Sorensen and Ahlgren) appointed a Farm Subcommittee in early June to find the best use for this land. The following purposes ( per the June 23rd minutes) were specifically defined:
1. What should the long-term goals be for this property?
2. How do we involve all of the various current and potential stakeholders to develop a compelling vision for the property?
3. How do we make sure the project is viable economically?
4. Are there organizations and people that should be involved in the process that are not currently involved? How do we bring them to the table?
5. What are the opportunities and constraints?
6. How can we manage this resource to meet the goals and expectations of the various stakeholders?
The Farm Subcommittee and the Delegation subcommittee are still a bit divergent in terms of who is doing what and which outcome will be the one to move forward for this property. Some movement was made in that direction when the Farm Subcommittee invited the Delegation members to update them at their last meeting in early July. Rep. Comeau believes that the full delegation should hear a presentation and have the opportunity to vote whether or not to support a study.
One issue I have is that the meeting and presentation is at 1pm on a weekday when many are at work.
The Kendall Foundation has already received a letter of support from the Commissioners and is requiring the same from the Delegation who will not meet again until July 25th before committing energy and resources to this project. The Republican led Delegation has granted Mr. Kendall 5 minutes to present to them at their July 25th meeting.
The County has a lot on it's plate, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. The budget process will begin in earnest in the next few months and I think it is reasonable as a Moultonboro taxpayer to understand in greater detail how we got to the point of needing supplemental budgets and large increased in our tax burden.
Perhaps we would already be there if not for the aggressive and abrupt style of Chairperson Umberger and other members of the Executive Committee. That needs to change. My goal if elected to be your State House Representative, is to work collaboratively with the Commissioners and County team to bring about the best possible bang for our tax dollars.