"Real liberty is neither found in despotism or the extremes of democracy, but in moderate governments.
Alexander Hamilton

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Lakes Region Symphony Orchestra

We attended the Lakes Region Symphony Orchestra (LRSO) performance last evening ( got a few free tickets ) at the Community Auditorium at Moultonborough Academy, and while I am a complete novice on the subject, it was quite the enjoyable experience. I would estimate the audience at over 300.
The first symphony featured a 17 year old solo violinist, Nanako Shirai who ( at least to my ear) was flawless, and amazingly talented. 
The second was Beethoven's Symphony #7. Standing ovations to both. 
I found as I listened to each movement, that is was very mind numbing, but in a good way. Mesmerizing. Just relax and be taken in by the music without having to listen to words.The time just flew by. 
I did not know of the LRSO's  existence, but this is their 41st year.They usually perform at the Interlakes Auditorium, but it is currently undergoing a renovation with new seats being installed. They will be back at Interlakes on December 10th and 11th for a Holiday Pops concert. 

No comments: