MARCH 17, 2017 9:00 A.M.
MARCH 17, 2017 9:00 A.M.
Largescale power restoration efforts are continuing this morning in Tuftonboro, Moultonborough and Sandwich as the northern Lakes Region recovers from Winter Storm Stella. Approximately 3,000 members are without power at this time.
- The main line serving a 15-mile stretch of Route 109 from Rt. 25 in Moultonborough to Center Tuftonboro is being restored in sections. We expect the line to be fully restored by this afternoon. Crews are also working to repair damage to smaller tap lines that serve roads and streets off Route 109.
- Work is underway today in the Suissevale development in Moultonborough, with the focus on restoring main lines and replacing broken poles. This area was particularly hard hit by tree damage.
- Restoration has begun in the Balmoral development. Parts of Balmoral were re-energized last night and work will continue there today.
- Restoration has begun in the Bald Peak Colony Club and will continue today.
- Restoration will be complete this afternoon of the main line and side taps on Route 109 in Tuftonboro from approximately Bald Peak to 19 Mile Bay. THERE WILL BE A 30-MINUTE PLANNED OUTAGE ON THIS SECTION OF LINE THIS AFTERNOON IN ORDER TO MAKE FINAL TIES BETWEEN SUBSTATIONS.
- The Moultonborough Neck area from Route 109 to Long Island will be fully energized by noon today.
- Ossipee Mountain Road in Moultonborough to Route 25 in Sandwich was energized last night. Crews will be working in East Sandwich and North Sandwich today to repair tap lines and replace broken poles.
- The main line serving Route 171 to Castle Springs will be restored by this evening.
IT IS OUR EXPECTATION THAT ALL MEMBERS WILL BE RESTORED BY SUNDAY NIGHT.
We will provide estimated restoration times for specific areas when possible. This storm toppled hundreds of trees and snapped dozens of poles in these areas. We appreciate your patience as we work as quickly and safely as possible to restore service.
NHEC crews are being assisted in the restoration effort by crews from Vermont Electric Co-op, Eversource and contractor crews. We appreciate their help!
The next full update will be at 5 p.m. today.
TO REPORT AN OUTAGE: 1-800-343-6432
Real-time outage status will be posted on NHEC’s website: www.nhec.com.
NHEC will be providing frequent updates on Twitter (NHEC_OUTAGE) and Facebook.
If you have any questions on this information please feel free to contact the municipal communications team by emailing us at email@example.com or by contacting us on the Municipal Communication Information Line at 800-249-3110.