MARCH 17, 2017; 5 P.M.
Thanks to a day of hard work, line crews are poised to restore a large number of NHEC members by tonight. Power was restored today to approximately 1,000 NHEC members affected by the March 14 winter storm. At the time of this update, approximately 2,000 members remained without power, nearly all of whom were located in Moultonborough, Tuftonboro and Sandwich.
· Power was restored today to the full length of the main line that runs along Route 109 from Moultonborough to Center Tuftonboro. Crews are currently working to restore power to numerous side roads and neighborhoods off Route 109.
· We expect power will be restored TONIGHT to the Suissevale and Balmoral developments, as well as neighborhoods off Clarks Landing Road and Blacks Landing Road.
· Most of Bald Peak Colony Club will remain without power overnight. Substantial tree damage in this development has slowed the restoration progress there, however crews have been assigned to and are working all known trouble spots. We expect power to be restored to the Bald Peak Colony Club by Saturday night.
· Most locations in North Sandwich have been restored today, however areas in the vicinity of Little Pond Road and Mason Road will likely remain without power tonight. We expect restoration of this area of Sandwich by Saturday night.
· The main line serving Route 171 is expected to be restored by tonight.
· Among the last areas to be restored will be the High Haith Road area of Center Harbor. The area known as “The Jungle” has suffered extensive tree damage. Crews have been in the area with heavy equipment preparing the electrical system for restoration. However, there are numerous broken poles and downed wire that will need to be replaced before the area can be fully restored. We expect this area to be restored by Sunday night.
THE LARGE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS WITHOUT POWER WILL BE RESTORED BY SATURDAY NIGHT, HOWEVER NHEC EXPECTS ALL POWER TO BE RESTORED BY SUNDAY NIGHT.